AUGMENTED REALITY PLATFORMS ARE MOVING TOWARD MAINSTREAM ADOPTION, AND ARE FORECASTED TO REACH US$36.4 BILLION ACCORDING TO GREENLIGHT INSIGHTS (2017 AR INDUSTRY INDUSTRY REPORT). BASED ON A PORTFOLIO OF PATENTS EXCLUSIVELY LICENSED FROM THE PROMINENT OPTICS LAB AT THE UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA, LUCYD IS DEVELOPING NEXT-GEN SMARTGLASSES THAT WE BELIEVE LARGELY OVERCOME THE OPTICS AND ERGONOMICS ISSUES IN CURRENT PRODUCTS. OUR TECHNOLOGY POTENTIALLY ENABLES THE FOLLOWING FEATURES IN WEARABLE AR DISPLAYS:
- First to miniaturize the optics for a compact, lightweight head-mounted display.
- Full integration of eye tracking in HMDs, allowing for ocular cursor control and real-time optimization of EFV.
- First spatially-aware smartglasses with enhanced object occlusion, so AR objects in the Lens meld smoothly with your real-world environment.
- First freeform optics system allowing for off-axis virtual objects and high-depth interface.
- First integration of binocular, flush HD microdisplays. No protruding elements, low-eye strain & discreet.
- First smartglasses with highly modular controls, including voice control and eye tracking, which can be used to switch on and off the AR experience on demand.
- First smartglasses with low light leakage and high spatial resolution, for solid-seeming AR objects.
- First smartglasses that accommodate prescription lenses.
- First smartglasses with no buttons, switches or wires, for a sleek look.
- Lucyd Lens will charge wirelessly, for enhanced convenience.
LUCYD TECHNOLOGY MAKES IT POSSIBLE
The exclusive license to the patent portfolio is for the life of the IP, which extends from 2022-2028 depending upon the individual patent expiration dates.
US Patent Number
|Patent 1||6,731,434||Compact Lens Assembly for the Teleportal Augmented Reality System|
|Patent 2||6,804,066||Compact Lens Assembly for the Teleportal Augmented Reality System (CIP)|
|Patent 3||6,927,694||Algorithm for monitoring head/eye motion for driver alertness with one camera|
|Patent 4||6,963,454||Head-mounted Display by Integration of Phase-Conjugate Material|
|Patent 5||6,999,239||Head Mounted Display by Integration of Phase Conjugate Material DIV|
|Patent 6||7,009,773||Compact Microlenslet Arrays Imager|
|Patent 7||7,088,457||Iterative Least-Squares Wavefront estimation for general pupil shapes|
|Patent 8||7,119,965||Head Mounted Projection Display with a Wide Field of View|
|Patent 9||7,499,217||Imaging System for Eyeglass-Based Display Devices|
|Patent 10||7,522,344||Projection based Head Mounted Display with Eye-Tracking Capabilities|
|Patent 11||7,639,208||Compact Optical See-Through Head-Mounted Display with Occlusion Support|
|Patent 12||7,843,642||Systems and Methods for Providing Compact Illumination in Head Mounted Displays|
|Patent 13||7,969,657||Imaging Systems for Eyeglass-Based Display Devices|
SOLID MODEL OF SMARTGLASSES
The above image is an artist rendition. Actual geometry and features of prototype glasses may vary.
I’ve been brainstorming ways I can use your glasses and working in the entertainment field I see unlimited opportunities… I fly single engine planes and your glasses would save lives up there.” -Bill P.
British Deaf Association
I know from my heart that Lucyd will be a life-saver for people with disability.